Ten Commandments

A few months back, I’d put in an entry in this journal about breaking down and building up. The Lord is faithful to His promise, as ever, and ever since His work is in progress in my life. During this time, He has taken me through many turns, slope-downs, steep-ups, plateaus and peaks. Every time I learned something about me, something about the conditions, and most preciously, something about Him. That third part was actually the best part of the deal.


During these wonderful pathways, the following road signs came up. Mostly, dealing with me, in my areas of improvements. Beautiful insights all of them; and each brought to me wrapped in the most mysterious ways.



Here they are for your reference. If you happen to pass by them, you’ll know He’s dealing with you as lovingly as He did with me. (Warning: He does chastise the child He loves. Expect it!)

1. Thou shalt not judge.

2. Thou shalt not condemn.
(The first two includes me too; I’m not to judge or condemn myself; it includes hitting myself on the head, kicking myself, not even mentally, calling myself stupid or idiot, or thinking myself anything less than what He created me to be. That part belongs to My Maker, and He’s already paid the price for me. Besides, I’m made in His image – I can’t be despising me. I don’t dare!)



3. Thou shalt not be provoked to anger.



4. Thou shalt be of good report.



5. Thou shalt honor the Lord thy God with thy mind, mouth, and manner.



6. Thou shalt always give grace as has been given to thee, freely, abundantly, and non-stop.



7. Thou shalt always be peaceable, forever full of gratitude towards the price the Lord thy God


bore for thee on the cross.



8. Thou shalt not procrastinate, and do whatever thou need to do, for the Lord thy God.



9. Thou shalt focus thine ear on voice of the Lord thy God, seeking to do His will.



10. Thou shalt not mix contentment with complacence, but be zealous for the things of the Lord thy God.

These He gave me, and these I hope and pray are inscribed on my heart forever by His loving finger.





[25/06/2010]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He is with me!

Perfect love casts out fear

Misery Conquered!!