Apology and Forgiveness

And forgive us our sins, For we also forgive everyone who is indebted to us.
Luke 11:4

As I sat down to pray last night, I repeated the words of my daily prayer - Lord, forgive my sins. A gleam of light from the Father God fell on these words and He gave me understanding.

"When you say 'forgive my sins', you talk in a generalized manner. You are not even fully aware of all the sins you've committed. It is not until My Holy Spirit brings the sin up in your heart, that you become aware of what I would call a sin.
It is then, if you do not argue your justification for what you said, thought or did, and accept the conviction, that you really confess. It is then, if you agree with My Holy Spirit that He is right for He is true and you are wrong because you are not, even if you do not fully understand, that you truly seek forgiveness.
But do not think that you should not pray thus. When you say, 'forgive my sins', it tells me that you are willing to confess and seek forgiveness. It gives me pleasure to see that you are willing to agree with me, and that when I would bring it up, you would agree and confess. "

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He is with me!

Perfect love casts out fear

Misery Conquered!!