From Saul to Paul!

It is so exciting to see people eager to serve the Lord. They talk zealously about what they want to do. Their speech is full of statements like, 'I want to sing for the Lord', 'I want God to use my talents', 'I want to go out and preach for Jesus', 'I want to do something for the Lord'.

I was happy feeling all this and then the Lord spoke - 'You know, what was the biggest difference between Saul and Paul?'

I thought hard but knew that it is only Him who could answer His questions, as usual.

He continued - 'Saul served God as Saul wanted. Paul served God as God wanted.'

I wondered what His point was. He explained - 'A lot of good workers start off as Paul with saying that they'll do whatever God wants them to do. As the time goes by, 'God wants' changes to 'I want'. This is because they feel they know what God wants of them.

Perhaps God has spoken to them about their calling - preaching, serving, worshipping. When God speaks about what He wants a person to do, it ignites an encouragement that the person has probably never known before. Perhaps they've been given visions of what their work may look like. All of this is very exciting. It makes a believer feel wanted, useful, and important.

What sometimes follows is a pattern of wants, desires, dreams and the original vision from God rolled into one. In other words, it is the interpretation of God's word by human mind and in human standards. A human desire to serve the Lord as the human mind sees fit and best.

When things do not turn out as comprehended, frustration, disappointment, loss or doubt of vision, a fruitless battle with the enemy follows. If you're standing in the wrong place, facing the wrong direction, you're gonna end up fighting an enemy pointlessly.

Paul served God as God wanted.

When the Lord gives a vision, He intends to fulfill it. When the Lord reveals His will, He intends to do it. But if the result belongs to the Lord, so does the method. If the destination must be the Lord's then the way leading to it must also be the one He chose. We cannot get to the Kingdom of God following man's routes. The only road that leads to the gate of the Kingdom of God is the one constructed by God.

I must follow God's way, His methods, and depend on His direction for the fulfillment of His word. I must let Him guide my way. Choosing to serve Him as He wants.

[written: 24/04/09]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He is with me!

Perfect love casts out fear

Misery Conquered!!