Manna Wafers: Worshipping in Spirit and Truth

[23] But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him.
[24] God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth."

John 4:23-24



For the longest time, I thought that worshipping was what we did in the church when we are led by the worship leaders in singing hymns, dancing a bit, raising arms and yelling Halleluiyahs!

If in my heart I felt that worship must be something more than this, I had probably managed to quench that thought.

Then last year, God decided to gently take away my blindness.

There was worshipping going on in my church and everyone was busy singing their hearts out. I'm blessed with a church that is full of blessed singers, and I was trying to keep up in the best way I can.

In my heart of hearts I heard a small whisper that I could've even dismissed as a distraction - 'Be quiet!'

I frowned. I doubted. Be quiet? Aren't I supposed to sing hymns right now?

'Be quiet.' The urge was undeniable.

I asked - Lord, You're asking me to be quiet?

No response. I suppose He'd already given me the word and the urge. Now, it was upto me to accept or reject.

I stopped singing but felt weird. With closed eyes, I could feel everyone staring at me. I questioned - Lord, what would everyone think? They may feel that I'm too full of myself, too good to worship when everyone else is.

And then the blindfold lifted - 'You worship Me when You do My will.'

I remember that I even stopped thinking. It was time to listen.

'You're quiet because I told you to be quiet. When you do My will, You worship Me.'

Peace swept over me in a huge wave. I worship Him when I do His will. Jesus was always in obediance. He was always worshipping - in life, in death, and in resurrection. He was fulfilling the will of God; He is a true worshipper - in Spirit and in Truth. The example is set for us if we are to worship.

Worshipping means doing the will of God. When we work the will of God in our lives, we become more and more like Jesus.

Worshipping in Spirit and Truth can only be done when we walk, talk, eat, drink, think Jesus Christ. When we allow the Spirit of God to influence and control our actions in truth - it's the worship God likes. When things of the Spirit control our Natural being - it's the worship God desires.

When we do this - whatever we do, wherever we are - we knowingly and willingly do the will of God - true worship.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He is with me!

Perfect love casts out fear

Misery Conquered!!