Have you ever danced with Jesus?

I would have long been lost, if Jesus was not there to hold me. I would have fallen down the ditch of depression, nervous breakdown, and even madness, if only the Savior had not held me up in His arms like a father cradles his newborn - delicately, not harming, and ever so careful. Not for a minute did He put me down; not for a second did He take His eyes off me. When I was struggling with pain even in raising my arms in prayer, He held me close to His heart, giving me His comfort.

What more do you, my soul, need to reaffirm His love? Hasn't He been carrying you when you could not walk? Hasn't He been watching you with unsleeping eyes when you slept? Didn't you sleep better because He gave you His rest? It sometimes gives me great joy, and sometimes great wonder, and sometimes great tears of thankfulness when I sit down to think, that my Father in Heaven never sleeps - just so He could be with me. He Never sleeps? Can you imagine, my heart, what it must be like to never sleep or rest? To keep watchful eyes fixed on one's children always, never resting them.

Don't the words merciful, wonderful, good, great sound so diminished when considering the expanse of His love? It seems as though that the Father would rather hear us call Him 'Father' than all the adjectives in the language. Just a simple 'Abba' must be music to His ears, better than the angelic choirs.

Just a word from Him, just to hear His loving voice brings immeasuable peace and joy. Sometimes, I pray that all I want is to just hear Your welcome voice once more. It is the greatest wonder of heavenly love when the Creator, God of all, comes down to talk with me, pray with me, sing with me, laugh with me, teach me, guide me - even hand hold me into walking difficult paths, and yes, dance with me. The joy on His face and the love in His eyes are unparalleled!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He is with me!

Perfect love casts out fear

Misery Conquered!!