The Year Letter 2005 that never was completed ...

There are times when you hear the words 'God is good' and agree wholeheartedly. Then, there are times when you experience how good God really is. At such times you begin to understand that you will probably never understand how good God is; that even though His goodness is beyond your understanding, it is never beyond your reach.

The year 2005 was an amazing eye-opener to God's goodness. I heard the song God is good, loved it and sang it. As the year rolled by, I began to see and acknowledge His goodness in my life. What is awesome is that He has incredible ways of showing His goodness - from where you most expect to see it to where you absolutely do not expect to see anything.

Now when I look back, it looks like a carefully planned fairy tale that talks about such things that are heard of only in stories or things that happened with a few 'selected others'. It comes as a big surprise when you become the 'selected other' who has something as wonderful as God's goodness to share.

I came to realise that when I am down and out, just as much as saying the name of Jesus brings unbelievable hope, peace, and tears.
To know that when, in sorrow, I have no words to say, I need not remember the protocol of prayer; that I only need to go to my Father, get on my knees and place my head on His lap and ramble off, is joy-giving.
The knowledge that when I am too full, I only need to empty out my heart and soul to him brings peace.

It is so good to bask in the light of the knowledge that when I am tired, lost, gloomy, sorrowful, confused, disillusioned, upset, self-pitying, I only need to let Jesus take over.
The happy hope of being filled with joy, comfort, and peace when all the pain is drainedout in prayer brings forth praises even before actually being filled.

[written: 31/12/05]

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He is with me!

Perfect love casts out fear

Misery Conquered!!