Don’t say to men what you should say to God; Don’t say to God what you should say to men!

We often say prayers in public, or prayer meetings that we want people to hear.
Some hilarious examples include:

‘Lord, we should be thankful to you’ meant for the people whom the person praying thinks need to be thankful; or

‘Lord, thank you for blessing me with a good voice and singing ability and I pray that I could use it to praise you’ meant to hint at a chance to sing at a concert, or

‘Lord, thank you ever so much for granting us good jobs and good salaries, that even though we burdened by expenses you always provide just enough’ meant to say that I may earn real well, but please do not embarrass me by asking for a donation.

God must respond with - ‘I know My child that you should be thankful, and I’m glad you know it too. I’ll just be happier if you were actually thankful too.’


He must wonder if His beloved child was praying to His heavenly Father or to the people. It may yield a better result if it were delivered to the right party.

Then, there are those things that ought to have gone to the ears of God, but went to unworthy human ears!

‘I’m so happy I’ve got this opportunity all of a sudden. I’ve got to call all my friends and tell them.’
‘Finally, my hard work has paid off! I should celebrate my victory!’
‘Oh no! My plans to buy my own house are delayed now.’
‘Did you know that my neighbor purchased some stolen goods? How can people do such things! I’d never!’

Those were meant to be conversations of sharing joy, thankfulness, disappointment, and healing from gossip. But alas! They landed on human ears and yielded no fruit either.

It isn’t for nothing that the Lord created different plants for different soil types. A mango tree may not grow in the desert or a water plant on dry land, and yield fruit.
Sow the seed in its own soil and watch the Lord bless it into abundance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

He is with me!

Perfect love casts out fear

Misery Conquered!!